How to Pray Effectively
PRAY with a PROMISE.
PRAY with a PURPOSE.
PRAY with POWER.
PRAY to PRODUCE.
PRAY God’s way.
Prayer is not a formulae, it is speaking directly to God. Jesus said that after he had risen, we would pray to the Father in his name. Prayer was designed to work for us and not against us.
NB! PRAY to the Lord about what you should pray about, and keep up a daily prayer confession.
9 TYPES OF PRAYER:
1. CONSECRATION: (Rom 12:1)(Gal 2:20)(1 Thes 5:23)Getting rid of that which robs you of the blessings of God. Wrong attitude. Unforgiveness of sin.
2. COMMITMENT:(1 Pet 5:7)(Math 6.)(John 14:1)Cast your cares on the Lord. Don’t be troubled or agitated. Trust in the Lord.
3. PRAISE : Praying in the Spirit. Jude 1:20)(1 Cor 14:2-4) Tongues, edification, building up, recharging.
4. WORSHIP: (Acts 13:1-4)(2 Chr .20) We minister unto the Lord. It is an intimate relationship with God.
5. PETITION: (Faith) James 5:15)(Math 11:12) For something in Jesus name.
6. UNITED: (Acts 2:1)(Acts 12:5) Small prayer groups.
7. INTERCESSORY: (Rom 8:26)(Eph 6:18)(Gen 18:23-25)Boldness and confession.
8. TRAVAIL: Salvation (John 3:16)(Gal 4:19)
9. AGREEMENT: (Math 18:18-20)(John 14: 13-14)2 People binding and loosening.
INTERCESSORY PRAYER:(1 Timothy 2:1-5)
I. Kings, Presidents, Governments
II. All those in authority.
IV. Those who do not believe.
(Job 9:33) An umpire or mediator between God and man, even as Jesus is, and we have been made to follow. Be a fence filler or gap filler. (Isaiah 60:15) No one was Travailing. (Isaiah 41:10) God will strengthen and help and uphold you. We are a righteous intercessor. We are the righteousness of God in Christ. (Job 42:7) Job had not offended God by saying that all his afflictions had come from God. Job was an intercessor, he prayed for his friends and because he did this the Lord prospered him again, and gave him twice as much as he had before.
(Isaiah 43:26) Plead your case with God in intercession. (James 5:16) The prayer of the righteous is effective. (Heb 7:25) Jesus is eternal and thus liveth forever to intercede for us. (Rom 15:1) We who are strong should intercede for those who are weak. This is for your family, and friends who do not have fruit in their lives. (Rom 8:27) You intercede with the word of God as well as the Spirit of God. (1 John 5:15) If we ask according to his will, which is his word, he will give it to us.
THE POWERS OF OUR PRAYERS
(John 17:23) I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one : I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the would know that you sent me and have loved them even as You love me. (John 16:23) Ask the Father in Jesus Name. (John 14:12-14) If we have Faith in Jesus, we will do what He did and greater, because He is going to the Father. You may ask anything in Jesus name, and He will do it that the Father may be Glorified through the Son.
HOW TO POSSESS THE PROMISE OF PRAYER
NB! When you have done all that you know to do and are standing on the promises of God, and the testing, tempting and
trying of your Faith, is taking place through the Devil, your answer to Him should be, It is written.
1. IT IS WRITTEN:
a) Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.- (When tempted in the flesh or body).
b) Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.- (When tempted by misquoted scripture in the soul or mind).
c) Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thy serve. – (When tempted by vainglory, power, compromise, pride, choose ye this day whom ye will serve, God
2. WAIT UPON THE LORD:
It takes a little time. The Bible says, “Fight the good fight of Faith”. If there were not any hindrances, there would not be a fight. (Isaiah 40:31) They that wait upon the Lord shall
renew their strength, and mount up like Eagles.