When these believers in the Bible prayed, God’s power showed up.
Prayer of Jabez
“Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” – 1 Chronicles 4:10
“My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Saviour. For he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden; for behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For He that is mighty has done to me great things; holy is His name.” – Luke 1:46 – 49
“Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I know that you always hear me.” – John 11:42
Tax Collector’s Prayer
“God, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Luke 18:13
“To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in you I trust, let me not be put to shame; let not my enemies triumph over me.” – Psalm 25:1-2
“ My heart rejoices in the Lord; my horn is exalted in the Lord…No one is holy like the Lord, for there is none besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God”. -1 Samuel 2:1-2
“O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me…” – Judges 16:28
The Apostle Paul’s Prayer
“For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man.” – Ephesians 3:14-16
King Nebuchadnezzar’s Prayer
“It has seemed good to me to show the signs and wonders that the Most High God has done for me. How great are His signs, how mighty His wonders! His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and His dominion endures from generation to generation.” – Daniel 4:3
Abraham’s Servant’s Prayer
“O Lord, God of my master Abraham, if you have decided to, make my journey successful…” – Genesis 24:42
“O Lord, revive Thy work in the midst of the years, In the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy.” – Habakkuk 3:2
The Leper’s Prayer
“Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” – Matthew 8:2
“I beseech Thee, O Lord God of heaven the great and awesome God, who preserves the covenant and loving-kindness for who love Him and keep His commandments, let Your ear now be attentive and Your eyes open to hear the prayer of your servant…” Nehemiah 1:4-11
“I called out of my distress to the Lord, and He answered me. I cried for help from the depth of Sheol; You heard my voice.” –Jonah 2:1-9
Thief at the Cross
“Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!” – Luke 23:42
“Lord there is no one besides You to help in the battle between the powerful and those who have no strength; so help us our God, for we trust in You and in Your name…” – 2 Chronicles 14:11
“Although our iniquities testify against us, O Lord, act for Thy name’s sake! –Jeremiah 14:7
“Give your servant an understanding mind to govern your people, that I may discern between good and evil…” – 1 Kings 3:9
“Father, if You are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but Yours be done.” – Luke 22:42
Stephen’s Prayer of Forgiveness
“Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” – Acts 7:60
When you pray, be filled with the Holy Spirit, walking by Faith with a thankful heart.
- Matthew 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
- Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
- Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
- John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it
- Mark 9:29 And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”
- Acts 9:40 But Peter put them all outside, and knelt down and prayed; and turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.
- James 5:14-16 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another,that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
Always & With Thanksgiving
Ephesians 6:18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Christian Quotes About Prayer
- Prayer is a shield to the soul, a sacrifice to God, and a scourge for Satan. ~ John Bunyan
- The fewer the words the better prayer. ~ Martin Luther
- Prayer is an effort of will. ~ Oswald Chambers
- Our prayer and God’s mercy are like two buckets in a well; while one ascends, the other descends. ~ Arthur Hopkins
- If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for. ~ Charles H. Spurgeon
- It is because of the hasty and superficial conversation with God that the sense of sin is so weak and that no motives have power to help you to hate and flee from sin as you should. ~ A.W. Tozer
- Prayer is not monologue, but dialogue. Gods voice in response to mine is its most essential part. ~ Andrew Murray
- Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees. ~ Corrie Ten Boom
- Prayer is the acid test of devotion. ~ Samuel Chadwick
- Prayer – secret, fervent, believing prayer – lies at the root of all personal godliness. ~ Williams Carey